- Keep Your Lungs Healthy
- The Lungs and the Respiratory System
- The Lungs at Work
- What are the Warning Signs of Lung Disease?
- What do the Symptoms Mean?
- How Will Your Doctor Diagnose Your Symptoms?
- Common Lung Hazards
- How Can You Protect Your Lungs and Prevent Lung Disease?
- How Can You Get More Information about the Lungs and Lung Disease Prevention?
- Quit Smoking
- Air Quality
- Asbestos Awareness
|What Do The Symptoms Mean|
Experts agree that your lungs are not healthy if you have any of these symptoms. You must have them checked out by your doctor. If you wait for symptoms to become severe, you have already lost valuable treatment time. Taking care of mild symptoms can actually be to your advantage.
Even if you have only one of the symptoms of lung disease - chronic cough, shortness of breath or difficult breathing, phlegm, wheezing, or frequent chest colds - you should see your doctor. Most lung conditions can be helped by treatment and can even be reversed if caught early.